Wednesday 22 August 2012

Scalloped shorts re-fashion


Quickest refashion ever! These jeans were almost 2 years old and had gone totally white at the knees.  A year or so ago I'd have just put them in the clothes recycling bin or given them to the charity shop but not now as I knew I'd be able to find a use for them.  Turning them into shorts isn't exactly the most original idea but I thought So Zo's scallop hem short refashion made it that bit different.  I used a mustard jar lid as my template for the scallops, marked it out in biro then simply cut it out.  However I didn't get a chance to sew round the scallops like Zoe suggests before the blazing sun came out on Saturday and I just had to get out to the park and wear them!  I will take her advice though and sew round them to try and stop any fraying.  I just love these and here's hoping the sunny weather keeps up so I can get some more wear out of these before Autumn starts!

And I've just seen another great jeans to shorts refashion using painted sections to add detail. It's over at LulaLouise - check it out!

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute!! I love the scallops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a good idea from SoZo and so quick to do. I'll be scouring the charity shops for more jeans from now on!

      Delete
  2. What a clever idea for a template! Summer's on it's way for us in NZ - think I'll keep this in mind for when shorts become necessary again!

    ReplyDelete