Monday 27 August 2012

This week I'm...

Making -a toile with my newly drafted skirt block - exciting!
Reading – back to John Cheever's Collected Stories - I've been reading this book for over a year and although I'm really enjoying it the stories are quite similar in style so I tend to read it in fits and starts.
Listening – rediscovering Joanna Newsom's Have One On Me. This kept me calm whilst doing the maths calculations on the skirt block.
Watching – I've got plans to make a tiny pocket tank, plus fix the gaping back on a pair of jeans before we go on holiday so I doubt I'll be watching much this week.
Planning – our holiday to Copenhagen next Saturday!
Loving – the corded loop pocket tutorial on Coletterie.  I'm thinking of trying to incorporate this into a Sorbetto dress I've got planned for making when we get back our holidays.


and today? I finished hemming my jersey maxi-skirt today and I love it! I'll write up a post about it another day when I can get a photo of me wearing it.  This was my first time using my twin needle and only my second time sewing with jersey (I've currently got a half-finished kimono sleeve t-shirt that I started last week).  Right now I'm enjoying watching The Ladykillers (original version) whilst cutting out and sticking together my Grainline Tiny Pocket Tank pattern.  What a great bank holiday weekend this has been!  I've relaxed a bit about living in London and, rather than feel guilty about all the things I could be out and about seeing, I'm just enjoying having the time to spend at home, sew, listen to music and watch films.  Though I did go to Notting Hill Carnival yesterday so I have left the house!

Writing these weekly updates and plans has been really helping me stick to sewing plans.  I know it's only been a few weeks I've been doing them but hopefully I'll be able to keep the motivation and good planning up!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Aren't you busy? Well done on your hem, I'd bee too scared to try that! I love weekends spent at home sewing and pottering without guilt, aren't they the best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jersey I was working with on the skirt was quite thick, and definitely easier to sew with than my first attempt with a really fine knit. Also, it was really cheap jersey which makes me much less scared of ruining it!
      I think lack of guilt is the key to good pottering!

      Delete