Sunday 26 May 2013

Me Made May 2013 - week four

So, week four of Me Made May 2013. To recap, my pledge was:

'I, Kathryn of Kathryn’s Busy Town, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavour to wear one me-made or re-fashioned item of clothing or jewellery each day for the duration of May 2013'

I've actually worn me-made clothes every day so far though there have been quite a few unphotographed days so you'll just need to take my word for it! I'm surprised by how many me-mades I've got, and how much I wear them. 

Me Made May 2013 - week four

Day 20 - Blue skies skirt Vogue 1247, blogged
Day 21 - Teal dress McCalls 2401, blogged
Day 22 - White cotton Megan Nielson Banksia (a terrible photo sorry!), blogged 
Day 23 - Forgot to take a photo but I wore Beige McCalls 2401, still not blogged, Flickr
Day 24 - Again I forgot to take a photo but I wore Green Liberty Sorbetto, blogged
Day 25 - Wildwood flower Colette Meringue skirt, blogged
Day 26 - Jersey Banksia, just finished, not blogged

Asides from two re-fashioned summer dresses, that's me worn all my me-mades so it will probably be repeats from now on, although I do have a few quick refashions I might try and get done tomorrow as it's a bank holiday here.

I forgot to take photos on the 23 and 24 as I had a friend visiting and we were out and about having so much fun that I forgot to take any photos! I'm not a natural photographer so I really need to remind myself to take pictures.  The only time I remember to take a lot of photos is if I'm away on holiday. Whilst my friend was visiting we went to a J Crew pop-up shop at Kings Cross.  I wasn't tempted to buy anything - £190 for a cashmere jumper with no indication of whether they have signed any ethical agreements over the farming and production of the cashmere, no thanks! However I was really inspired by some of the fabrics they had on display, and by the mix of different prints and colours.  I'll need to start thinking about trying to work with some different fabrics and textures, and mixing prints more.

So how has everyone else been enjoying Me Made May? What have you got out of it? I've found it interesting taking photos of my outfits, there have been a few last minute changes when I've realised what I'm wearing doesn't match  Although I said it last week I really can't get over how amazing the Flickr group is - it's been so inspirational! I've also love the sense of community from it - everyone is so nice and supportive of each other.  I'm also realising I could really do with making a few plain skirts for this changeable spring weather - a plain navy and a plain pink ideally.   Have you seen Margo's pink version, I'd love to make something like that!  Well, here's to the last week of Me Made May!

4 comments:

  1. Margo's pink skirt is absolutely amazing! Well done on your outfits and for sticking with your pledge. Thank you also for being one of the really supportive people in the group. It is really a great place to hang for the month of May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty! It has been great meeting so many new folk through the Flickr group! and having more chat with those I knew already from their blogs, like you!

      Delete
  2. I love you stripey Banksia - such pretty summery colours!

    And yes, Margo's pink skirt is beautiful! Flickr has been so great for finding new blogs to follow (although I'm now having a hard time keeping up with all the posts!) and for receiving support, positivity and encouragment. I'm really going to miss that once June is here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen!
      I know what you mean about trying to keep up! I'd love to comment on everyone's photos on Flickr but there just isn't enough time. I'm going to miss the Flickr group too!

      Delete