Monday 27 April 2015

Kids Clothes Week round-up

Well that's Kids Clothes Week over for another season and I really enjoyed it! I managed to sew every day except the two days I work and by the end of the week had made four See Kate Sew Recess Raglan tees. The first one I showed you on Friday. The other three are all for Harris. It's so nice to use all these scraps of fabric, especially the bird fabric (if it looks familiar it's because I made a kimono tee from it which I still wear).  The short-sleeved blue t-shirt with the design on the front is my favourite though as Harris pretty much picked out the transfer himself. He kept pointing and laughing at the squirrels on mopeds so I just had to use them on a t-shirt for him. I added the birds as he loves pointing at birds too. These Sukie transfers are just so good, I can't wait to use more of them!


There isn't really anything else to say about the pattern except... be wary of the neckbands & cuffs! I lengthened the neckband piece on all these versions in order to make them fit over his head. I also had to cut the cuffs off the bird fabric one as they were too tight. I decided just to leave it uncuffed as Harris doesn't like anything tight or too long on his arms. Id say this is partly to do with the stretch content of the fabric I used but to my, admittedly inexperienced, eye the neckband piece looks pretty short anyway.

close-up of the squirrel t-shirt
I did have other sewing plans for the week - two pairs of Oliver + S sunny-day shorts I've cut out and an Oliver + S sketchbook shirt which is also cut out. I will get these sewn up but I think it's time to do a wee bit of sewing for me now - Me Made May is on the way and I've so many sewing plans! If you've thought about taking part in KCW but haven't before then I'd really recommend it, it's a great motivator!



15 comments:

  1. Wow that is productive. Those mopeds are cute. I rember putting iron on transfers on my clothes as a kid. But they weren't as cute as this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! Yes, I remember using transfers when I was a kid too but these Sukie ones are particularly cute!

      Delete
  2. Those are cute - I have a pile of my old t-shirts that I intend to make into toddler tops, I really should get around to it. Adding transfers is a great way to make them a bit more interesting too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerry! It's always hard to get round to the re-fashioning though isn't it? I've got a huge bag full that somehow I just never find time for!

      Delete
  3. These are brilliant, and I just love those squirrels on mopeds. Perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, thank you! I love how much the squirrels make Harris smile when he's putting the top on, I definitely need to make him more clothes that make him smile!

      Delete
  4. He looks sooo Cute in his new tee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great. You had a productive week. I clicked through to see the bird fabric...it's fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, and thank you! Yes that bird fabric is great isn't it?!

      Delete
  6. Such fun shirts! I love the mixing of patterns. It is so much fun to be able to use a small amount of a fabric. I love patterns that let me do that! Have you made the Sunny Day Shorts yet? I made two pairs last week. I imagine many more in my future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a great way to mix up patterns and colours. I haven't made up the sunny day shorts yet but I'll get them done soon. I saw your second pair, they're great too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I think my nephew will get a kick out of them.

      Delete
  7. Wow, such a productive week! The all look fab, love the squirrels on mopeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna! Thank you! The book has so many cool transfers, I see many more animal themed tees in Harris's future!

      Delete