Wednesday 29 April 2015

Me Made May 2015


It's that time of year again, Me Made May is upon us! 2013 was the first time I took part and I loved it - the sense of community, the friendships made and the inspiration from other people's makes was incredible.  Last year my pledge was to try-on or wear everything me-made and sort out my sewing plan. Well I did wear all my spring appropriate me-mades but didn't get much documented, didn't have much time to take part in the community, and certainly didn't get a sewing plan sorted out! This year I've been doing more sewing (so far for my wee boy mostly) so I thought I'd change up my pledge and try and encourage myself to do some more sewing for myself.  So my pledge for this year?

'I, Kathryn of Kathryn's BusyTown, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I endeavour to wear me-mades or re-fashioned clothes 3 days a week for the duration of May 2015. In addition I will make myself 3 items of clothing during May 2015.'

I'll probably post photos on Instagram as well as the Me Made May Flickr group and a round-up post at the end of the month.  I'm looking forward to taking part this year, hopefully see you there!



me-made-may'14


8 comments:

  1. Hurrah! Glad you are on board and taking the time to focus on your handmade stuff for yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe! I'm looking forward to doing some sewing for myself!

      Delete
  2. Good pledge! Looking forward to seeing what you make for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I've got so many items at varying stages of cutting/sewing etc that I really just need to focus and get on with it!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! I'm looking forward to seeing your makes too.

      Delete
  4. How did it go? I'm excited to hear what you learned!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire, thanks for your comment. I've now posted about it, only a week or so late! The main thing I learned is I need more clothes suitable for cold weather, so trousers and long-sleeved tops. Though now summer has arrived in London I think I'll do some summer sewing first!

      Delete