Friday 22 July 2016

Sewing roundup, come on, it's time to play



Having completely missed posting for the last Kids Clothes Week (though I did manage to get my projects uploaded on to the members site) I thought I'd do a quick round-up post of my children's sewing recently, before the next Kids Clothes Week comes round in early August. He wears me-mades quite a lot now and I love seeing him in things I've made. I just hope he keeps enjoying wearing them!


Owl Totem Raglan from Ottobre magazine, Spring 1/2014


You've already seen the Raglan sweater, which I plan to make more of for the Autumn. I've also made 2 versions of the Made by Rae Flashback Skinny tee so I'll do a wee write up on that pattern. Of course there's been another pair of Sunny Day shorts - I think there will be at least one pair of these every summer - and I'll do a quick review of this pattern too.





Short-sleeved Flashback Skinny Tee











Details -
Pattern: Flashback Skinny Tee
Size: 2T
Fabric & notions: Short-sleeved version was a mens M-sized t-shirt from charity shop, long sleeved version was scraps from previous makes - the blue, which I've used for Harris already here and here and the bird fabric which was originally used in this Maria Denmark tee, with scraps used here as well. Considering I only bought a metre of that bird fabric I've got a lot made from it! Red ribbing bought from Kitschy Coo, £5 for 1/3 of a metre
Were the instructions clear: Yes, very clear. So clear in fact that I'm considering buying the Geranium dress pattern as a pattern to use for little girl presents.
Any changes I'd make next time: I'm going to add some length to it, or maybe even move up to using the size 3T

Total cost: £5








Sunny Day shorts in Charley Harper Maritime birds fabric
Details -
Pattern: Sunny Day shorts by Oliver + S
Size: 2 years
Fabric & notions: 1/2 metre Charley Harper Maritime fabric from M is for Make £9.20, elastic and thread from stash
Were the instructions clear: yes, I've made this plenty of times before and didn't make any changes. I LOVE this pattern!
Any changes I'd make next time: I definitely need to go up to the size 3T

Total cost: £9.20






 

 








 Now it's time to start thinking about what I'm going to sew during the next Kids Clothes Week from August 8-14. If you haven't come across Kids Clothes Week before it's a week long challenge to sew for an hour a day for your kids or friends/families children. There is a theme each time but I don't usually use the theme, I just enjoy putting aside that time each day to sew for Harris, and other children in my life. It's a great wee community to be a part of, check out more about it here

No comments:

Post a Comment