Saturday 10 September 2016

One Week One Pattern 2016


Have you heard of One Week One Pattern? It's a sewing challenge started in 2012, then in 2014 and now, September 2016. This time round it is hosted by Hannah from  Cinderellis Sews. The challenge is to wear a Tried and True pattern - one you've made lots of times, wear all the time etc - every day for a week. Well, I feel I'm cheating a bit, or at least not following the rules really, as I'm using the Megan Nielsen Brumby skirt, which I've only made once. But bear with me please, I do wear the one version I have a LOT! Like at least once or twice a week. So to my view it's already a Tried & True pattern. I've also got my second version halfway sewn, and fabric for my third washed. The fitting took me quite a while to sort out but I think, hope, on this second version it's going to be spot on.  So hopefully this will give me the push to get sewing!


This is my much-loved Brumby. I Blogged about it before but to recap, I won the pattern on a giveaway by Amelia on her blog Veronica Darling and I bought this gorgeous pink twill fabric from Ray Stitch.
I wear it so much, I love the weight of the fabric, the big pockets, and of course the colour (I wear & sew a lot of pink!)


So I'm pretty excited about following along & seeing everyone else's makes. I'm sure they will be a lot more innovative than mine but I'm hoping this gives me a push to finish up the versions I have planned as I'm sure they'll do me into autumn too. Anyone else playing along?!

4 comments:

  1. Your skirt looks lovely and I love the bright pink colour - so pretty. Good luck with your second and third versions.
    I am taking part again and I am using the Grainline Scout tee as my TNT pattern. Pretty basic but just very wearable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Scout tee is a great idea! I kind of wish I'd use the scout tee or tiny pocket tank now. I'm worried I'm going to be wearing the same skirt all week! Are you on Instagram?

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with this. I have decided not to join in this time. I have too many other things on the go right now, and although I definitely could do it with the Scout, I just decided it was easier not to. Good luck!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! It's definitely spurred me on to sew anyway so that's a good thing. Almost finished my second Brumby now!

      Delete